- Lawyer Mr. Shaman Jain
- Skills Intellectual Property Rights, Patent Search
- CATEGORY Copyright & Patent, Intellectual Property
ABOUT THIS PRACTICE
A patent is an exclusive, territorial right, granted to an inventor for an invention, which allows the owner of invention a right to stop others from copying, using, selling or licensing the invention in the territory in which patent has been allowed. This is one of the strongest type of intellectual property protection. A patent is granted for a period of twenty years starting from the date of filing of patent application. Patent search is performed before filing a patent application. The main purpose of patent search is to establish the patentability of an invention.
Patent search is a very comprehensive and complex task. Most of the inventors assume patent search to be just like any other internet based search, which is certainly not the case. Patent search, when conducted by experts in the field, involves analysis of the relevant patents of all the patent databases of countries across the world. So it is strongly advised to get your patent search done by a professional only as filing a patent application for a non-patentable invention may cause huge monetary loss to an inventor in the long run. This may also help to avoid an unnecessary litigation in future, in case you end up filing for patent for an invention which is already a granted patent for a competitor.
For more details, please get in touch with us here.
- It gives exclusive right to use the invention. And protects the invention from being used in any form by others.
- It allows the inventor to keep the competitors at bay for a particular period.
- It allows you to give license or assignment of your patent, which becomes the main source of income for your business and investment.