Benefit of Trademark Registration India
There are various benefits trademark registration india provides to your business while developing a product or service and avoids many related business risks. Securing your product or service with trademark will not only help you expand your business with ease but will also help protect your brand and will avoid someone else to use the same or similar signs and riding off the back of your business. Trademark provides you rights to take legal actions against any person or company who try to forfeit with a conflicting trademark thus causing a damage to your business. Trademark also provides your business with intrinsic value.
Here are few benefits that trademark registration provides you right away-
- It provides you exclusive rights over the brand name and logo of your company.
- It provides the recognition to your products and services in the market.
- It provides enhanced business opportunities to your brand.
Trademark Registration Process
For trademark registration India, you need to follow below steps –
- First you need to search for trademark in the trademark database so as not to copy anybody else’s trademarked information to avoid later conflicts. This can be done at Trademark Registrar Website.
- Once you have found the unique identity for your business then you need to file for trademark. For this you need to file a trademark registration application with Trademark Registrar. The application must be filled as per the norms and guidelines mentioned in the application. You can do this on your own through Online Trademark Registration or take help of any lawyer or agent.
- Your trademark registration application must contain the logo for your business, name and address of the trademark owner, classification of your trademark, the date since when you will be using the trademark and description of goods and services that you would be using the trademark for.
- Once you have done with your trademark filling and submitted the trademark application, you shall be give trademark allotment number. With this allotment number, you can also track the status of your application online. After getting this allotment number you can affix TM next to your logo.
- While your trademark registration India, once you have submitted your application, the trademark registrar will apply the Vienna classification (which is an international classification of figurative elements of marks). While this is in process, your application shall show ” Sent for Vienna Codification”
- Once the Vienna Codification is complete then your application shall be allotted to trademark officer who would check the application for correctness and issue an examination report. Trademark Officer shall be judging the application and can accept or reject the application.
In case Trademark Officer rejects the application for Trademark Filing, then an applicant can put forward his justification before Trademark Registrar as to why his application should be accepted on basis of which his application can again be reviewed and again be accepted or rejected.
- If the application is accepted then it must be marked for Journal Publication which includes manuscript, Hindi translation, scanning and composing of the trademark while awaiting if anybody opposes the trademark.
In case no one opposes or files against the trademark filing India then the application is processed for registration.