- Lawyer Mr. Shaman Jain
- Skills Government Registrations
- CATEGORY Government Registration, Tax Registrations & Filings
ABOUT THIS PRACTICE
Tax Account Number is known as Tax Deduction Account Number or Tax Collection Account Number, or simply TAN. TAN is issues by the Income Tax Department of India and a 10 digits alpha-numeric code is generated upon registration. The individual responsible for deduction or collection at source (TDS or TCS) obtains this number.While deducting the salary of an employee an organization must acquire and mention the number . The government has already specified criteria to collect and deduct tax at source. Quoting TAN of the assesses in TDS/ TCS statements and challan for payment of TDS/ TCS is a mandatory task.
- Mandatory for deduction & collection of tax: Some transactions including salary are already specified by the government and in such transactions the assessee requires to collect or deduct the tax from the source itself. Tax Account Number must be mentioned While entering into such transactions.
- TDS Certificate and Filing: TAN is to be provided when you file TDS return online .A certificate of tax deduction must be issued to every person deducting TDS at source and this certificate must also quote TAN of deductors.Also, while filing TDS returns online, providing TAN is mandatory.
- Address Proof: Copy of Aadhar Card or other address proof
- Applicants Information: Name, contact details and signature of the applicant
- Certificate of Incorporation: Certificate of Incorporation in case of company and LLP
- Agreement: Agreement in case of LLP and Partnership Firm
For unique identification, a specified structure of 10 digit code is provided
- First three characters: Represents your TAN jurisdiction codes in alphabets
- Fourth Character: Initial of the TAN holder’s name
- Fifth to Ninth Characters: System generated numeric digits
- Tenth Character: Alphabetic check digit generated automatically